Sunday 11 September 2016

Weekend Life....Croissants + Japanese Anemones

Weekend brekky: croissants + jam + espresso + a vase of pretty Japanese anemones. 

Croissants from Poilane (the Waitrose frozen bake-to-order butter croissants are also rather good too especially if you want to serve them warm. I once read a book written by the owner of a boutique hotel in France and he swore by Picard frozen croissants. I keep meaning to remember to buy some to try when I am in Paris....but I worry they would all defrost on the Eurostar journey home!), lovely homemade raspberry jam and Duchy organic salted butter. 

The Japanese anemones are a happy August/September revelation for me - I had never seen or heard of them before I came across them at the New Covent Garden Flower Market last year. Now I can't get enough of them - so pretty (even the buds are beautiful) with lovely elegant bendy shapes and gorgeous hues. I keep seeing them in gardens now (they seem to do quite well in shady positions) and I saw a gorgeous display at Kew Gardens when I visited last year.  

Ceramic vases and plate by the incredible Janaki Larsen of Le Marche St George 


Arne Jacobsen for Fritz Hansen Grand Prix Dining chairs in walnut (I sat on so many chairs trying to find some that looked good and were comfy too. So many looked beautiful but were ridiculously uncomfortable after only a few minutes of sitting. I love the look of the  Hans Wegner Wishbone chair but the frame at the back just didn't work for me (not sure if it is height issue? Or just a me issue.... I wonder if that is why I see so many of them covered in sheepskin rugs!). Anyway, the Grand Prix chairs are wonderful to sit on, even over many hours. My only regret is not waiting, and trying to source some vintage teak Grand Prix chairs....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, those flowers are beautiful!

    Rxx
    www.peppermintdolly.com

    ReplyDelete